Wednesday, March 7, 2012

IHop and The Lorax.

The kids at IHop.
Brody came up to me a couple weeks ago and said "Mom, I want to go to IHop and have pancakes and get a seed to plant a million trees!" Uhh ok. Where the heck did he come up with this idea?! Well, ya see, IHop has a really great marketing group and they like to run IHop commercial's between children's shows. And they were even better this time by throwing in The Lorax, which makes it much more appealing! So, anyway, I thought sure why not! Let's go have pancakes and get a seed "to plant a million trees" We decided to go a couple Saturdays ago. Brody was so excited, he kept saying is it Saturday yet?! It was a fun little family breakfast! Brody has had a long, stressful last year, like the rest of us, so I wanna kinda make up for it. I feel like I want to be more of a "yes" mom, within reason of course! I mean for us to go to IHop was really no big deal, but it was a huge deal to him! I'm not much of a eating out type person, I'm kinda a germaphobe and also, for health reasons! But I figured I could suck it up and I'm glad I did because I honestly feel like he appreciated that we made it important! And we also got our seed :)
Brody planting his seeds.



We also went and saw The Lorax on Sunday! And it was so great, we loved it. We had been reading the book for the last few days and I definitely think that made it more enjoyable. And if I'm being honest, This was my first 3D movie. Haha that makes me sound like I'm a hundred, but going to the movie's is Donnie and Brody's thing. I'm always the one home with Mia. I really wanted to see The Lorax though, so my grandparents were kind enough to come over and watch her so we could go! It was really awesome in 3D, Brody always reaches out and tries to grab at it. Funny kid. I think it is a must see kid's movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment